Thursday 9 October 2008

No Spending Days In The Crunch

I have read lots of blogs by pf blogger's who are big on "no spending days" and decided I needed to do this too. I sort of do it any way because of my job situation but I tend to waste money here and there on snacks. Not good for my budget and not good for my weight. So I need to nip it in the bud.
So far this month I have had three spend days which is totally on schedule - so very good so far.
Good, because it means I am on target for my budget which is important in the next two months, as I am getting my finances sorted for my trip to Africa in December. Good also because with all the madness in the global economies at the moment it is important for all of us to get out debt levels down.
I must confess that for me, the credit crunch hasn't yet impacted on my life at all and I would (rightly or wrongly) assume that this is the case for a lot of people like myself, who don't have a mortgage and don't own a car. I do own a few shares but more for the fun of it and it is interesting to see how the market works. Lately I have been watching my shares bounding all over the place.
Any other investments I have (which are very few) are in government guaranteed bonds, so as along as the government has any money left after their £500b bail out, I should be fine.

Hope all of you are getting to your goals too!

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Africa? That sounds so cool ... I hope that you have an awesome time!

I haven't really been all that affected by the credit crisis either really, and as far as I know it hasn't hurt my parent's much either. We've all just got to stick it out. It can only get better ... right?

LisaClark said...

Thanx SC - I am really looking forward to my Africa trip.

Anonymous said...

I think there are lots like us - professionals no house and no car. However I wish I had more savings, my money is generally in safer accts - ISA, high interest savings acct.Of course if the whole banking system crashed then it would effect us all.

Enjoy Africa!