I have achieved some of my goals and will work towards completed them all in October.
- End September under £9k (Done)
- Start Freedom Account for rate payments (Will get onto this in October)
- Clear all loans by 31/10/08 (Done on the 30/09/08)
- Clear Credit Card No. 3 by end of year (Well under way!)
- End year under £7k (Well under way also - could even do better!)
I have now payed £11,587.70 (that's US$20,596.21 or NZ$30,821.20) off my debts. That is pretty amazing! I just can't wait till all my debts are gone and when I get paid I get to keep it!
Standing in line at the bank today I was looking at all the posters for the different products the bank had to offer. And I had to laugh at the credit card poster. It read "Buy now, pay later". Well I am "paying and paying and still paying - later". I have really learnt the lesson of selling my future. There was a song way back in the 80's that I loved and the lyrics of one verse went like this:
Well, I see something and I want it
Bam! Right now! No questions asked
Don't worry how much it costs me now or later
I want it and I want it fast
I'll go to any length
Sacrifice all that I already have
And all that I might get
Just to get something more that I don't need
And Lord, please don't ask me what for
- End the month under £8k
- Start Freedom Account for rate payments
- As of the 01/10/09 have only 8 spend days (that is 23 no spend days)
- Sort Credit Card No. 3 as the 0 % interest rate is ending in October
Well that's the basic plan for October - we shall have to see how well I can do.
How well are you doing?