Wednesday 23 July 2008

Days Are Numbered

Well, I knew it was coming, didn't know when but I now have an official end of employment day which is the 1st of September 2008. I was expecting it to be a lot earlier, like the end of the month and so am thrilled to get an extra month. Like I said back in April, changing jobs totally stuffs up my debt repayment plans (for the time being anyway).

I am still needed but only for three days a week, at half my regular wage which will not work unless I can get work for the rest of the week to make up the difference. But I would also need to get other accommodation, which would again reduce the amount I can currently pay onto my debts anyway. So it looks like I will have to get a new job elsewhere.

My goal to clear my loans by October is so close and I so want to reach it - it will mean my debts would under the 9K mark and back to the national average. Unless that has now gone up!
Currently I am still working on getting my debt under the 10K mark - if I can get a new job quickly in September I could still get there!

Still I have a month to sort it all out - thank goodness for that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your job! Hoping you get a new one quickly and make your goals!