Wednesday 1 June 2011

May Review

My three goals for the month of May were as follows:
  • Totally fund my Emergency Fund with £1k Done
  • Set aside £500 for my rates Done
  • Set aside £880 for my taxes Not completed
"Two out of three aren't bad" but it's not good either.

The good is that I have opened an e-ISA with £500 (that was meant for my taxes) and so it's not wasted just I have gotten ahead of myself in my savings goals. The remaining £380 however is mostly made up of unbudgeted spending for the month for things like my dental hygienist appointment, books, clothes, eating out as well as internet and mobile pay-as-you-go. The latter two items I really need to add to my monthly budget as they are reocurring costs. Next week I have another visit to the dentist, which is hopefully my last one for a while and I already know that it will be costing me £204. I am having an infulling and that comes in at the top banding for NHS dental chargers which is never more than £204. Thank goodness for the National Health Service (NHS) I guess?!

So at the end of May I have the following:
  • £1k in an Emergency Fund
  • £860 in a Regular Saving Account
  • £500 in an e-ISA
My three goals for June will be as follows:
  1. Set aside £1520 for taxes Done
  2. Put £340 into my RSA Done
  3. Keep my spending to my budgeted amount
Now just gotta do it.......



2 comments:

Kevin Surbaugh said...

Morning Lisa. Congrats on being successful with the emergency fund. That is still a goal that I wish to attain again.

I am a little rusty on my British English so I am not sure what you mean when you refer to funding your "rates".
Perhaps this monthof June you will be able to attack the fund for your taxes since the other 2 goals are now done. Should be a lot easier then you can start adding to all 3 funds so that you don't have to worry about getting them done again. Again this is something I really need to focus on myself.

LisaClark said...

I am so please that you have finally gotten work. Now you have to be patient and build your financial plan again. You will get there Kevin!
Regards to "rates" think "property tax", I have some land downunder so need to make sure I have monies in my account down there to cover my rates bill.