Monday 5 May 2008

Overdraft: Another Victim Of The Credit Crunch?

I received a letter from HSBC the other day regarding the overdraft facility on my current account. It would seem that HSBC are now "reviewing" existing overdrafts on their accounts and are now changing a £25 arrangement fee. Now although it doesn't say it in the letter, these fees look to be an annual change as the bank is giving me a start date for my "new overdraft facility" and they have quoted a 13 month time period before "the facility we are now offering will expire" (I'd say another £25 plus arrangement fee could be slotted in here).
This current account (one of two I hold with HSBC) is attached to my debit card (anagram for "bad credit") and is a problem area in my budgeting. So I guess the overdraft is going to have to go and possible the debit card as well.
Will have to look into Barclaycards three in one card and see if that is a better opinion for me.
What do you think?

No comments: