Wednesday 13 June 2007

Start date...

It's June and summer is sometimes almost here!

And after ten years in debt - I have decide to take the bull by the horns and get my finances in order.

Yep, ten years in debt and I have a little pile of cash books to prove it. The problem is the debt have been hovering for years just below the ten thousand pound mark but has jumped recently to just below the twenty thousand pound mark. That was quite a shock I can tell you - and to think that I could get that much credit is madness.

So this is probably the tenth time I have have really tried to get my finances into order but hopefully the time that I do.

Of my debt about £3500.00 is Taxes which I need to get cleared up asap, the taxman is not a nice guy to owe monies too, so I am hoping to make payments of between £700-£1000.00 monthly payments until it is gone. And then use that money to start clearing my two credit cards and then hit my two loans.

I am self employed and so it can be a little iffy with just how much I will be earning each month but am hoping to clear at lest £1500.00 (remember that is before tax). I am working on the principal that once I have cleared my debts I can set monies aside to pay my Taxes as soon as they become due.

My credit cards are gone - yes I have cut them up a few weeks ago telling myself that there was really no reason for them to take up space in my purse if I was not planning to use them again. It is funny how attracted you can get to something that is bad for you - it is called habitual behaviour and I had to end the relationship with my credit cards. They have left me with £6000.00 in debt.

The other culprits are my loan's - yes not one but two, and the second is a Flexiloan. How much fun is that!!!! Together they make the other half of my total debt being £4000.00 and £6000.00 respectfully.

Unlike many I don't have a mortgage and all my debt is unsecured - well I don't have anything you could secure it too. I have been basically homeless for the last seven years and stay with friends when I am not working. When working my job provides me with accommodation and meals, so it is aways pointless to share a flat and anyway I have always be trying to clear me debts.

Sorry if this is getting a bit long in the tooth now and the spelling is probably terrible (sorry dyslexic) but this the background of me - and what I want to be is debt free by October 2008.....................................

watch this space and I will try and keep you up to date with getting into the BLACK............

No comments: